Friday, July 1, 2011

UI Progress

Sadly I did not get any time to work on Eracia yesterday; however, today I went full force.  I deleted everything to do with Java's JLabels and created my own class that inherited from Java's JPanel.  With playing around I am able to draw text of different colors to my new JPanels.  At the moment I am creating a TextBuffer which holds all the characters and their colors and drawing them to the Panels.  The Stats Panel is almost done and tomorrow I will work on the Event Panel and Entity Panel.
   Soon I will start making the Map Panel display a map TextBuffer and hopefully can start making my random generation code.  I hope that is as fun as it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment