Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update V0.0.2a And Map Templates

This is a small update of what I worked on yesterday.  Its not much but at least it is a small step forward:

  1. My Player now has a viewpoint where he / she has to map out the Maps.
  2. Started working on my Random Map Generator about .05% complete.
What I am thinking about is creating a data class that has information about the current map I wish for it to create, Im calling this class TemplateMap.  Within the class it will tell the generator:
  1. The Map Type such as: A dungeon, a cave, a forest. There are more
  2. The Map Look such as: Create the map looking like a circle, a square, or a long horizontal but small vertical map. There are more
  3. Map Tone: The major colors to use for the current map.  Should the map have more greens than blues?  Maybe the character is deep underground and hes starting to see lava?  Or maybe he is walking through a burning forest?
  4. The characters to use for Walls, walkable tiles and Tiles that will block the player's view such as pillars.
  5. The min and max size of the map.
  6. To add Rivers or lakes and how many.
  7. The Player's viewsize in this map.  Outside maps view should be much smaller than in a town.
  8. The min and max amount of rooms to add to the map.
At the moment the TemplateMap class holds these values and I am having the Map Generator read the values and deal with the data that the TemplateMap tells it.  I wish to add some more to the TemplateMap later but I want to really dive deep into the Generator first.

No comments:

Post a Comment