Monday, July 18, 2011

Some Cave Generation

This weekend I was struggling trying to create my map generation, so I finally researched the topic and came up with a few algorithms to use.  My cave like tunnel maps are going to be using my own version of the Cellular Automata algorithm.   After some tweaking and some different ideas I came with something that I can say is quite feasible.  

Here are some of the maps it generated:






















   As you can see I still have some rooms that are not reachable but I am happy with the random "Tunnel look it gives.  Next steps:
  1. Find access to those pesky little rooms.
  2. Start creating support for the rooms add events.
  3. Start adding doors to areas that look food for it
  4. Adding lakes and rivers - bridges
  5. Find larger areas in the map and maybe create monsters fortresses.
   The possibilities are endless

No comments:

Post a Comment