- The tools to create all the content files will be made in Java. Mainly because creating these tools will be quicker than using C++.
- The game will be written in Java also. This is so it can be supported in Windows, Unix and Macs. I will also be porting it as an applet for internet browsers. Lastly I do plan in writing the game in C# and the XNA framework to port it to the XBOX360.
- The Java versions of Eracia will be purely text-based graphics. The 360 version will be displayed in tiles.
- I will be adding most if not all of everything written in http://www.roguetemple.com/roguelike-definition/.
- Many different classes and races
- Skills and talents
- Light sources
- Special floor tiles such as on fire, ice, pit.
- Rivers, and lakes
- Monsters who will pick-up items and use them against the player.
- Tamable animals that you may use to fight with you.
- Many different types of items. Items when created will then have a chance of having a prefix and a suffix.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
My Plans for Eracia
These are some of my many ideas I wish to add to Eracia. Some have already been added into a rogue-like before: